Saturday, January 01, 2005

Back home right in time #42

Just right in time to wish you all a very Happy New Year !!
Oxford was perfect, just like in Dickens christmas short stories, night falling down at 3 pm and dark streets nearby the Thames river. Wandering at night along the canals, I was also feeling like revisiting Edwin Drood mysteries.
This is the hotel where I used to stay.


It is also a pub and here is a pic of my favourite waitress below, she had the ideal English type which wins me all the time. Blond hair and green eyes, wearing a white shirt just sheer enough to show a nice lacy bra underneath, a tie to fit with the local colleges environment, a pleated skirt and smoked grey stockings. In the mixtures of fragrances which flood the pub atmosphere, mixing deep battered fried cod and chips to kidney acerbic smell, was the amazing flowery cologne from that girl .


There were lots of students everywhere reshaping the world and trying to recover from their ninth pint'a bitta'.
Why is tea so good in England and not even thinkable to drink everywhere else in the world ? It is not the water, neither the tea nor the milk.. I tried to bring all these items home and make tea then but it was a failure again.
I bought the Embrooks last cd, they rule !! Now I am listening only to my Jonathan Richman recordings.. playing right now "new kind of neighbourhood", I'll never get fed up with that magic bass line.

1 Comments:

Blogger rb said...

happy new year jacques!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?