Sunday, October 17, 2004

Garage music #29

Next week-end in Paris , at the Maroquinerie club, will be held the first equivalent of the US Cavestomp , the Gloria festival ( http://www.gloriaclub.fr),
a good collection of old and recent garage bands.. headlights are turned on the Downliner Sect and the Nomads but also on the mighty Barracudas.. ("..'wish it could be 1965 again..") .

barrtitl, originally uploaded by zapcomix.


I had heard that lately Chris Wilson had joined the re-formed Barracudas so I had to know and I Emailed Robin Wills, Barracudas guitar player extraordinaire and master of the 12- string Rickenbaker, here is what he answered me :

"Salut Jacques
Yep, we are playing on Friday 22nd AND there 2 ex Groovies for the encore which will feature 3 flamin' numbers..More Groovies for your buck than in Spain...?And I guess we are back in a way...playing this Friday in London at The Borderline and half way through recording a new album..Plus ca change...
All the best
Robin "

So it was actually true ! But who was the second Groovie involved ? I sent my spies all over Paris, contacted people in San Francisco, like James F. from the Groovies and the Phantom Movers and the answer eventually went through.. it was Roy Loney himself, the legendary first singer of the Flaming Groovies who was due to come to Paris and he is supposed to give a free concert next Saturday afternoon..

Roy Loney Jumping, originally uploaded by zapcomix.


His second time in France in 20 years, I was there the last time and I know what to expect. So be sure that next Saturday I shall be listening to Rockin' Roy , and on Friday I will certainly not miss the return of the 'Cudas ...
It will be fun, fun fun meeting again the knights of soda fountains and living juke-boxes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?