Thursday, January 06, 2005

2004 Souvenirs #43

What did I remember from the past year apart from the tsunami which everyday looks like the major catastrophe of the century and brings metallic taste to the mouth when seeing thieves already at work over there.. I would rather think of lighter things.. like having found eventually the three LP box of the Yardbirds "last rave up in LA" with that cover of "waiting for my man".. or that Plimsouls show from 83 where they cover "making time" from the Creation and also the Flamin' Groovies' "Jumpin' in the night". There is the beautiful cd from Mr airplane man , those Boston girls know their Howlin' wolf lesssons .. I read with pleasure some Reginald Hill novels and loved Sarah Waters' "Tipping the velvet", so victorian. Then re-read for the x-th time some parts from Proust's "La Recherche du temps perdu" in honour of Ms Xquisite. I started this "Song of RememBerance " blog thinking of Jonathan Richman, of friends of mine, surrealism and of some stories I lived..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?