Thursday, January 05, 2006

Another band from Boston #67

Do you remember the mighty Neighbourhoods ? I was introduced to them by the ever so precious Ms. Xqwizite who kept on raving about this band from Boston, "which were kings of kewwwwwwl ..."(to quote her).




Through my Bostonian acquaintances I had previously noticed the band on the DIY Mass. Ave. compilation cover and also heard them on the Ace of Hearts label compilation cd. But it was quite impossible to find anything recorded though they released some LP's. Ms. Xqwizite, did I mention that she is irresistible ? she is actually, had also warned me to be cautious as the last incarnation of the band at the end of the 80's did not please her as much, their musical direction having shifted to more metallic shores. I did not care really as there was nothing to listen to.. and now some fan has produced a site which is already a treasure, dedicated to the band..
There are lots of live recordings from the very beginning, a perfect way to rediscover a sadly underrated band which should have made it but blah blah blah...


Go to this site at : http://www.thehoodsonline.com/home.htm
This band used to rule just as Ms X told me .....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?