Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Springtime in Virginia..#59

Virginia is rather beautiful in April, cherry trees are blossoming, cardinals are singing all dressed in red, habemus papam indeed.


Buses are quietly sleeping in their yellow haze, I like to look at those school buses in rows, they are just at the border of the woods, it makes me think of a Edward Hooper painting .


This is the counting room where I spend my time while on shift , all these monitors have cured me of the virtual world of "Gameboys" and "play stations" for ever.

I went to dinner in that restaurant, good ribs there ,

while you are waiting for the food these buckets are on the table one is full of peanuts, I took the empty bucket myself.
People here have apparently fun throwing the peanuts pods on the floor..

what they love is to walk on a one inch thick mattress of pods, crispy and crunchy.. so my option was found clever by the waitress...but commercially incorrect I am afraid.
The bar is covered with those white stickers on which a "Joe", a "Mac" or "Lee Anne" is thanked for having given donation to " our troops ".


Texas roadhouse reminded me of the atmosphere which is oozing in Easy Rider when they reach the Southern States. For a European, this spot is genuine americana with the waitresses doing aligned dances every half an hour, not a place where they would spin a Velvet Underground record.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?