Saturday, March 05, 2005

Willie ...#54

During the 80's, my favourite record shop in Paris was obviously New Rose, named after the first Damned single. This place was dedicated to good music and directed by talented guys who soon started an indie label of the same name.


I had been listening to Willie Loco Alexander since I had heard his first single "Kerouac / Mass Ave" on his own label. This must be what one calls a classic single, Garage records #5005 . "Kerouac" is a song which impressed a lot of people who were, like me, in their twenties during the 80's. Something like " satori in Paris".

It was perfectly matched with "Mass Ave", an hymn to the existence and to some particular places in Boston, the Real Kids had celebrated the Commons park, Willie was delivering his memories on the Cantab, Mass Ave.


After two Lp' s for MCA, Willie signed with New Rose records and through them released beautiful albums which are still turning on my hi fi set. The 82 tour in particular, recorded live was issued as the magic double LP "Autre chose". It has just been released as a CD.


willie "loco"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?